Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations (CDC) is a long-term investor at the service of public interest and economic development.
CDC and its subsidiaries constitute a State-owned group at the service of the public interest and of the country’s economic development. The said group fulfils public interest functions in support of the policies pursued by the State and local authorities, and may engage in competitive activities (Article L. 518-2 of the French Monetary Financial Code).
- manages funds held in regulated savings accounts and invests these on a secure basis in projects in the public interest, particularly social housing,
- acts as public banker to the judicial and social security systems,
- manages public and semi-public pension schemes,
- invests in regional and local development alongside local authorities,
- acts as a long-term investor in the French economy,
- participates in national economic development via its subsidiaries.
The 25 regional offices in mainland France and the overseas territories leverage all of the Group’s expertise and financing capabilities.
Caisse des Dépôts comprises the public institution and a number of subsidiaries :
- Business and infrastructure financing : Strategic Investment Fund, CDC Entreprises, Qualium Investissement, CDC Infrastructure
- Personal insurance : CNP Assurances
- Real estate : SNI group, Icade
- Services : Transdev, Egis, Compagnie des Alpes and Belambra
- Environment : CDC Climat, Société Forestière and CDC Biodiversité.
A strategic plan to meet the constantly evolving needs of the country : Elan 2020 provides the Group with a long-term development strategy complete with clearly-defined objectives and targets. It has forged the Group’s identity as a long-term investor with four strategic priorities for tackling the country’s constantly evolving needs : housing, universities and the knowledge-based economy, SMEs and sustainable development.